1894–The Roessler Winery (still located on TDC property) was built. It is the oldest adobe building in Fresno. The adobe bricks were made on land the current airport is now on.
1923–Bungalow that the current TDC office is in (across Winery from main TDC property) was built. It was owned by the Roessler family who also built the main large building the CA Christian College is in, next to us. The college was the main house, the office bungalow was the mother-in-law house.
1956–”The Fresno Junior Museum” founded at Reedy Park (TDC’s current location)
1979–Womans Junior League helped transform the complex into The Discovery Center.
1991–The Gemini space capsule was lent to TDC, from Pine Crest Elementary. It was used by NASA for demonstration and promotional purposes after being used to test seat injection techniques.
1995–The Deutsch Cactus Garden was moved from the Deutsch Van Ness Estate to TDC.
1995–The Garden of the Sun was also allowed an acre to develop.
2000–Fire damaged TDC’s museum. Most exhibits/items were rescued and put in storage. Programs moved to other buildings already on property.
2001–TDC continues to provide science education programs through field trips and outreach, birthday parties, Starlab star parties, class visits, and special events.
June 2011–A new 40 + 5 year lease was signed with the City of Fresno and a marketing plan to enable the rebuilding of the museum is launched.
June 2012– Rebuilding of the museum is near complete and will have an opening by spring 2013